Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Birthday Girl and the Family Tree

Something pretty special about a birthday shoot. This delightful little miss could not have been more endearing on her very big day. I am thankful I was chosen to share it with her.


Family Tree. We ponder our capacity to love–its boundless confines, where there seems no sensible limits to the surplus of devotion we have for our children. Before motherhood, I questioned, would I, could I, love enough. In the midst of parenting, the thought was simple…I could never love more. With radiant expectance for child number two, I embraced a new weighty concern, and found myself confounded by my fretting-how could I love more than this? My lofty heart felt voluminous, beyond any measure I could have foreseen. Easily said, there are no limits. My love is infinite. My heart swells and flourishes with the footfall of tiny sets of feet chasing my every move and outstretched hands looking for their home in mine. As long as they let me, I am wholly smitten, devoted and swept off my feet without reservation, by the two beautiful little beings, that are mine.

I had the beautiful honor of capturing another little family tree as its own branches bloom with the welcoming of baby number two. Celebrating her birthday and embracing her infectious playfulness was a pleasure, as little Hailey introduced me to her new big love–baby brother.


For more family love, view the sweet musical slideshow below. Makes me want to start adding branches to my own family tree again.

1 comment: