Saturday, July 17, 2010

Class of 2010.


delicious ambiguity. I had the utmost privilege of following a small clan of class of 2010 graduates on "prom night". Do we still even call it that-probably not. When did I become so old? A farmhouse, a husband and 2 children ago, I suppose. Being the fly on the wall and chasing tuxedo-clad boys and beribboned barbie-dolls in speeding limos from one destination to another was a gift for me. Watching these graduates I was touched by what I saw behind the quiet clandestine of my lens among the pandemonium of taffeta and corsages and growing excitement of what was to come. Friendship and young sweet love, camaraderie and a respectful unity, only those that are moving in the same direction at the same time, can understand. I saw laughter, and generosity of spirit and beauty!...my god, do these young people have any idea how beautiful they are. I was awe-struck to say the least. So grads and my dear sweet Brooke, may you hold on to the beauty of your life today and move forward graciously and successfully on your individual and unique paths. Find your mountain, sing your song, discover your truths, whatever they may be. What's going to happen next...delicious ambiguity. Thank you for letting me peek into your spectacular world. More to come...
























No comments:

Post a Comment