Friday, September 10, 2010

blink...another milestone

BLINK. Another milestone. It is true, most significant moments involving my children, can easily turn into a complete photo session. Back-To-School, was one such event. How is it, that I can be filled with a desperate heartbreak and at the same time, an exhilarated, joyful pride, that inexplicably gives me strength. A smile grows. This is Mother-Love. I will save you from the laborious task of listening to my motherly woes of sending my oldest to Kindergarten and my youngest to his first day of preschool. Let's just say tears were involved...many tears, theirs and mine. We all were conflicted emotionally, each for our own reasons, attachments and fears. But JOY was found and I captured it for the most part, to hold close, as these two little birds fly from the nest and learn to brave a small part of the world without me. Here is our first day of school story- the good and the bad, but for the most part, excitement towards the unknown...for all of us. Enjoying the journey and all the blink moments.




No comments:

Post a Comment