Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Daddy-O




DADDY LOVE.
So different from my own. Their edges are hard and worn, where we are soft. A large calloused hand, big broad shoulders, a tickle of whiskers with every cuddle and kiss. I am discipline, when he is playtime, I am routine, when he breaks the rules. I am gentle where he is rough-house. I am the everyday, but he...this daddy, is the anticipated, the waited-all-week-for. He is a hero in their small eyes.
There is a beautiful little spot dedicated to Daddy, in their secret garden of hearts, never to be replaced by another.  Being a devoted "daddy's girl" youngster myself, I can recognize this boundless adoration from their smallest besotted grin. To the boys who became men, who became superheros in the eyes of their little girls and boys- Happy Fathers Day. 
(view a little DADDY-O love of our own- below.)

No comments:

Post a Comment